Deep Tissue Massage
People have reported improved range of movement and function after having deep tissue massage. It ranks very highly among people suffering from pain associated with osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia.
It can also help:
· Chronic pain
· Recovery from injuries
· Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
· Muscle tension or spasm.
There may be some discomfort or pain associated with the massage as tight spots are worked on so it’s important to breathe deeply as the therapist works as this will help ease tensions and relax you more. You should also drink plenty of water after the treatment to flush away metabolic waste form the tissues.
The magic of Lomi Lomi penetrates more than the physical body. Although its literal meaning in Hawaii (from where it originates) is to push, pull and knead, its grace and flowing strokes combined with the intent of Aloha (unconditional universal love) thrown in with some Hawaiian magic allows true surrender, balance, healing and transformation to take place. It benefits not only the physical body, but the emotional, mental and heart space too.
As with any kind of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Relaxation massage – like other forms of massage - can offer the following benefits:
· Lowering blood pressure – at least for a while
· Improvements to peripheral circulation
· Improvements to skin tone and appearance
· Improvements to gastrointestinal motility
(bowel movements will become more regular)
· Some reduction in muscle tension including the relief of
muscle tension headaches
· Improvements to any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a gentle boost to the immune system if you undergo regular treatments